Flare Network Completes Record-Breaking Airdrop, Unleashing Its EVM

• Flare Network, a layer 1 Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatible oracle network blockchain, has completed its long-awaited airdrop for holders of Ripple’s XRP token.
• The Jan. 9 airdrop saw a total of 4.279 billion Flare (FLR) tokens distributed, making it one of the largest scale distributions in crypto history.
• Developers can now access Flare’s State Connector and Flare’s Time Series Oracle, allowing the blockchain industry to flourish with more useful decentralized applications.

After years of anticipation, the Flare Network has finally completed its first token distribution event. This is a significant milestone for the network, as it has been delayed due to Ripple’s legal troubles. The airdrop saw a total of 4.279 billion Flare (FLR) tokens distributed to holders of Ripple’s XRP token. This makes it one of the largest scale distributions in crypto history, allowing millions of users on exchanges including Binance, OKX, Kraken, Bithumb, UpBit, KuCoin, and BitBank to benefit.

The token distribution represents the first 15% of the full public token supply, with the remaining 85% to be determined by the community. By completing the airdrop, developers can now start to take advantage of the Flare Network’s EVM and native data acquisition protocols. Furthermore, they can access Flare’s State Connector and Flare’s Time Series Oracle. These tools are essential for the blockchain industry to flourish, enabling developers to create useful decentralized applications that will provide more utility to a larger group of users.

According to Hugo Philion, CEO and co-founder of Flare, “We are excited to finally have the token distribution event complete and to be able to provide the community with the tools we have been working on for so long. We are confident that the Flare Network can be a leader in the blockchain industry and a driving force for the further adoption of blockchain technology.”

The Flare Network’s airdrop is a major step towards providing a secure and efficient platform for developers and users to interact. With its native data acquisition protocols, developers can build applications that provide more utility and value to users, pushing the blockchain industry forward. The completion of the airdrop is sure to be celebrated by the crypto community, and will pave the way for more innovative and useful applications to be built on the Flare Network.